Nuffnang

Saturday 8 September 2012

" No matter what, don't ever touch me. Okay? "

So here i am taking a break after one and a half week of SPM trials. It's Saturday tomorrow but i still have to go to school due to replacement classes for the Raya holidays. Usually, i couldn't be bothered to attend but i have to this time cauase i have to take my Sejarah 1 paper.

So stupid lah! Go to school freaking early in the morning with no lessons whatsoever & have to wait till 11-ish just to sit for a one hour and fifteen minites paper?! (School finishes at 12.30pm btw)   Stupidest exam arrangement ever. -.-

One more week of trials and i'm done. Though i have to admit that i didn't really do well for certain subjects so far like Add Maths and Mod Maths. I was born to suck at Maths fml. :/ And my school will be using the exam papers they set themselves instead of the usual JPS ones. Which means PLUS DIFFICULTY. Kiasu school is kiasu sighs.

Anyways! Here's a short review on a short anime film i've watched sort of recently. xD (I know this blog post's title sounds very wrong but it relaes to the film!)

Gosh I just can't express my feelings to this really awesome awesome movie! T^T


 
" Hotarubi no Mori E "
 
or
 
" In the Forest of the Fireflies Light "
 
 
I have seen a few people on my Facebook timeline talking about this particular anime film along with the above picture. And they seem pretty exicted and were all "OMG SO NICE I LOVE IT SO MUCH". But it didn't really interest me so i didn't bother watvhing. However, the picture seem really interesting i kept thinking about it. :S
 

So one fine day during the Raya holidays, i decided to take a *cough* short *cough* break from studying and watch this!
 
And boy did i enjoy it! It's only a short 40-minutes movie but the impact and the feeling it carries was so intense and strong. And yes, i teared up during the last bit. So yeah, short spoiler. Sad movie. :C
 
I've never in a very long time seen a piece so heartwarming yet heartbreaking. Lol i'm serious! It's very touching and the love and relationship shared between the two main characters is so pure and innocent i don't even... T_______T
 
"I can't wait for summer to come around. When I'm away from you, even though I can't be around crowds, I want to go see you."
 
IMO, this show is sorta like a mix of Spirited Away and Natsume Yuujinchou. (HAH spoiler again, sorry!) And when i looked it up, this show was originally a manga written by, you guessed it, the mangaka of Natsume Yuujinchou, Midorikawa-sensei! :D It was one of her earlier pieces before she started on Natsume. And only around 2011, it was made into a short film. Hmm, no wonder the main guy character looked somewhat familiar. :3
 
To sum it up, it's something slice-of-life-ish with a little bit of spiritual twist in it. It's sorta slow-paced, making the movie seem a little longer than what it actually is. (For me... Not sure how others feel.)
 
It's really worth a watch if you're a Natsume fan! :D
 
Shall end this post with the film's ending quote!
 
"I probably won't be able to look forward to summer for a long time. My chest will hurt. My tears will be overflowing. But this warmth in my hands and these summer memories will live on in my heart forever."


No comments:

Post a Comment